Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Taeyang praised for his music and fashion on radio shows

 Yoon Do Hyun and Lee Sae Joon of Yurisangja
YDH: Taeyang’s LOAM is playing. How did Taeyang become a bad guy?
LSJ: This song’s premise is bad – “even if i cheat, don’t cheat”. When I first listened to the song, I questioned my ears how can these lyrics come out? After hearing the whole song, it unraveled well. (He meant that the song doesn’t seem so bad/evil/mean, even with the lyrics.) I was impressed and jealous of how he was able to fit “even if i cheat, don’t cheat on me” into the song. I personally like Taeyang’s voice color and singing style. If I was 15 years younger, I think that I would have tried and practiced to sing like him.
YDH: Even though Taeyang is a young friend, a lot of musicians recognize him.
LSJ: In an event, someone requested me to sing it and I did. (See video here.) So I became dubbed more of a bad man than Taeyang….
YDH: LSJ played some of his songs, the response was so so. But when he started singing Taeyang’s song, the response was Wow. It was really like the sun was rising….
Woo Jong Won and Lee Soo Young
Creative fashion director Woo Jong Won recently complimented Taeyang on his fashion sense on Lee Soo Young’s music show. According to WJW, he likes Taeyang’s fashion and he thinks Taeyang has a good mix of rock/ wild hip hop.
LSY: Though, his height isn’t [tall] he expresses fashion well
WJW: I don’t know about height, but I think about my complexes when I dress and how to hide my flaws. I don’t think Taeyang thinks about it. I think he dresses thinking about his music and about how to express himself. He expresses himself with confidence. Rather than mixing many colors, he picks one color to express the music and matches accordingly with accessories, dance, and eye (stare). If it’s like that even Hollywood stars can learn. You mentioned that he is short , but I’ve never thought that he was short.

WJW goes on to say that it’s probably because YB knows what works for him. LSY observed that even his every day fashion is good and WJW agrees. He says that he often meets YB at shopping centers and checks out what YB is looking at. “When he comes out of the fitting room trying on clothes, he is more fashionable/cool in every day fashion than on stage.”

WJW: And personally, his expression when he sings – his rhythm, and the lyrics are very good.
LSY: He is a singer that expresses the lyrics (one by one) well.
(Looks like Taeyang is getting a lot of points recently for his style choices. I wonder what WJW had to say about YB’s taste in bags… Hmmmm)

Credits: Piglet (translations) via bluemaid @ alwaystaeyang
Audio source from YBmania.com (1 & 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment