Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ok-bang who?

As the name suggest, OK Bang is the China rip-off of Big Bang. With the China version of SNSD and Thai 2NE1 up in the entertainment industry, I guess I should have expected this coming.
 
OK Bang, similar to BB, is a 5 member male group. Ok, this to me is absolutely fine, I mean, a 5 member male group can easily be found anywhere and everywhere. What disgusts me is that they are called OK Bang (like WTF?!). Well at least they know their limits by having this name, wondering why I said so? haha… here comes my analysis…
OK- being average, not the best, just acceptable
Bang- obviously just COPIED from Big Bang.
So I guess, this name just reflects the group’s character. Average boy band without any particular distinctive style. So what if they are undergoing Korean style of artist training? If the company wants to impress the public and cynical netizens like myself, make good use of this particular style of training, use it on your artist and come up with something ORIGINAL. Copying the success of YG’s Big Bang will not help much but will instead BACK FIRE and see what is happening now? Your artistes are being criticized as copy cats. Well, Im not going to wollap these innocent boys all the way, I admit that the have better than average dancing skill, so why not make use of this talent and give them a brand new direction. (well, they make good back up dancers. hehe.)
With that said, I m anticipating to watch their MV. heee….
Here’s a little comparison chart.
Who can beat our… Jiyong in talent and fashion sense, T.O.P in his killer stare and over the top charisma, Dae Sungie in is sunshine smile, goofy-ness and amazing voice, Yong Bae in his sleek, smooth dancing style and voice, as well as magnae Seung Ri in his instant switch between cuteness and manly-ness? haha… wow. I didnt know I could come up with that…
Wondering who is who in OK Bang? Check out the original post on Seoulbeats. Credits to them, jknews, kmib.co.kr, Newsen!

Credits: duetwordings@wordpress

No comments:

Post a Comment